Capable Business Litigation Attorneys Resolve Complex Disputes
South Carolina law firm litigates on behalf of your business
If you engage in commerce, sooner or later you are almost certain to encounter a dispute with a client or contractor that you’ll need outside help to resolve. At The Tollison Law Firm, P.A., we assist businesses through alternative dispute resolution and civil court trials in both state and federal court. We regularly manage cases related to:
- Antitrust, unfair practices and trade regulation violations
- Banking and creditor issues, including lender liability
- Breach of contract
- Breach of warranty
- Business torts
- Construction law
- Environmental law
- Products liability
- Professional liability
- Real estate
- Toxic tort
- Intellectual property, including copyright and trademark infringement
- Partnership and shareholder disputes
We have the knowledge and experience to resolve your business disputes in a timely, cost-effective manner.
Recovery from breach of contract
When a party to a contract fails to perform, he damages the other business. This damage often goes beyond the immediate inconvenience of getting less than promised by the contract. The breach can also cost you future profits if you are unable to serve your clients as a result. There are a variety of remedies that provide either monetary damages or equitable relief, such as:
- Compensatory damages – Reimbursement for immediate monetary loss
- Consequential and incidental damages – Compensation for additional foreseeable losses caused by the breach
- Attorney fees and costs – Amounts available only if the contract expressly states they are recoverable
- Liquidated damages – Amounts specified in the contract that are payable for particular breaches, such as late or substandard performance
- Specific performance – Court order requiring the breaching party to fulfill the terms of the contract
- Punitive damages – Penalty for a party’s objectionable behavior, meant to punish the breaching party and discourage other parties from acting in a similar manner
- Rescission – Cancellation of the contract, with both sides excused from further performance and payments made under the contract returned
- Reformation – Change in the terms of the contract when the court believes there was an honest misunderstanding by the parties about what was to be performed
Our skilled attorneys can help you achieve the best legal remedy for a breach of contract.
Affordable alternatives to a civil suit
The cost of traditional litigation can easily exceed the amount of the contract. Fortunately there are various means of alternative dispute resolution (ADR), including mediation and arbitration, which are less costly and quicker than civil lawsuits, but can deliver the same remedies. Our skilled negotiators have successfully represented clients in arbitration and mediation hearings, and have settled lawsuits prior to trial, saving our clients expenses and getting their businesses back on track.
Contact a dependable law firm to get your business moving again
If your business has been damaged by someone else’s conduct, you need to take action. Delaying the exercise of your rights could mean losing them. Recovering damages could mean the difference between profitability and insolvency for your company. Contact us online or call The Tollison Law Firm, P.A. at 864-451-7038 to schedule a consultation.
Knowledgeable Commercial Litigators Handle All Types of Business Disputes
Skilled South Carolina lawyers deliver strong results in contract, tort and other matters
Whether your business is the plaintiff or defendant, the outcome of a commercial litigation matter can have permanent consequences for your company. The experienced litigators at The Tollison Law Firm, P.A. in understand the importance of these cases and know how to develop effective strategies for commercial clients. Throughout we provide individualized advice and advocacy to firms in a full range of business fields. Our lawyers excel both in court and at the negotiation table.
Accomplished law firm pursues favorable resolutions for companies
Regardless of the specific issue, we provide comprehensive advocacy that allows you to focus on your business. Our firm assists small and large companies in all types of litigation, including cases relating to:
- Breach of contract
- Business torts
- Employment matters, such as discrimination and wrongful termination
- Financing arrangements
- Franchise litigation
- Fraud claims
- Real estate litigation
- Securities cases
Our counsel gives clients the information they need to make smart decisions. We always consider bottom-line concerns when assessing legal options and deliver cost-effective representation to each business we serve.
Dedicated advisers advocate in trials, mediations and arbitrations
Numerous options exist for companies who seek to resolve a commercial conflict. By working closely with your company, we can outline the relative advantages of each available forum. In many cases, we can save you time, money and stress by using an alternative dispute resolution method such as mediation or arbitration. However, when it is in your best interests, we are always ready to enforce your legal rights at trial.
Contact an established South Carolina commercial litigation attorney